CILCP is participating in Highmark’s 2018 Walk for a Healthy Community!
May 19th at
One of the largest barriers for people with disabilities and older adults is transportation.
Some reasons may be:
- No access to accessible transportation
- Family or friends are not available to help out and/or do not have an accessible vehicle
- Transportation programs
- Operate during the week with limited evening and weekend hours. In our area, service ends at 6 p.m. on weekdays and operates 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturdays with no service on Sundays
- Provide rides for “necessary” activities (I.E. medical appointments, or shopping).
- Do not transport throughout the entire County and do not transport the rider outside County lines
CILCP’s Living Well Transport Services (LWTS) is a life changer for people with disabilities and older adults! Currently CILCP serves Dauphin and Cumberland County residents. We:
- Have accessible vehicles
- Transport on evenings & weekends with no time constraints
- Arrange transportation for any reason
- Will transport to anywhere in the County and cross County lines
To learn more about Living Well Transport Services watch this video
To reduce the rider fee, the CILCP’s goal is to raise $15,000 through the Highmark 2018 Walk for a Healthy Community to encourage a life after 5 p.m. and on weekends!
We want everyone to live well and enjoy life by:
- Having a way to get to and from work
- Attending church services
- Spending time with friends
- Catching the new movie release at midnight or a show at the local theatre
- Grabbing a coffee with a friend at the local coffee shop
- Going shopping
- Visiting the food court at the Farm Show
- And much more!
You can help us make this happen! All funds raised will be used to offset the rider fee and make the service affordable to more people!