Welcome to Direct Care Worker Training from the Center for Independent Living of Central PA!
The Center for Independent Living of Central Pennsylvania is accepting applicants for a free direct care worker training program. Participating in this one-day training will qualify you for employment in Pennsylvania homecare agencies.
Training includes required core content, clearances, and a medical screening at no charge. When the training has ended, trainees will be linked up to various homecare agencies hiring in their local area.
If you would like to apply to the training program or learn more about it, please enter your information in our sign-up portal. We will send you a follow-up questionnaire to capture the relevant information to help take you through the program.
For more information or any questions, please contact us at (717) 731-1900.
Our one-day core content training will qualify you to work in a Pennsylvania homecare agency. Additional training options will be available in the near future (see descriptions below).
Please complete the information requested on the sign up page and our training specialist will contact you with available training dates and additional paperwork to initiate your required clearances. If you have any questions, call Nathan at 717-731-1900 extension 224.
DCW Training has three levels described below –
- Level One – Core Competencies.
- Topics such as – Orientation to the Home Care System and skills needed to support people with disabilities or older adults in their homes.
- Level Two – Advanced Professional Skills.
- Topics such as – CPR and First Aid, Using a Hoyer Lift, Falls Prevention, Cultural Competency, Interview Skills
- Level Three – Graduate Professional Skills.